Drug and alcohol addiction affects millions of Americans and their families each year, and often, many people go without treatment because they aren’t sure if their insurance will pay for it. At Live Free SSI, we accept Blue Cross – Blue Shield insurance for our drug and alcohol treatment programs, including inpatient treatment and flexible outpatient programs.
Understanding your insurance coverage shouldn’t be a barrier to treatment and a sobriety plan, plus the support of the compassionate team at Live Free. We’re here to help answer your questions about accessing rehab treatment and your insurance coverage, plus help you determine the right level of treatment for your addiction.
Do I Need Rehab?
If you notice that your use of drugs or alcohol is starting to affect your everyday life, then you may need addiction treatment. We offer several options for care, from inpatient treatment to intensive outpatient treatment to aftercare and relapse prevention. It can be hard to notice if you have a problem, or even admit it to yourself. Here are some indications that you may need professional help to treat your addiction:
- You’re unable to complete your responsibilities for school or work due to drug or alcohol use
- You’re constantly thinking about drinking or using drugs
- Your relationships with friends or loved ones are strained due to alcohol or drug use
- You’ve tried to stop on your own, but you’re physically unable to
- You have financial difficulties because of drinking or using drugs
- You’ve been arrested for drug or alcohol use
If any of these things resonate with you, then it may be time for a free, confidential counseling session.
Accessing Addiction Rehabilitation
The first step of finding the right program for yourself is a confidential counseling session with one of the intake specialists, including an assessment of your drug or alcohol use and your support system at home. Your counselor will also help you understand your insurance coverage, including what portion you’ll be responsible for and the extent of your coverage.
Steps To Having Your Blue Cross – Blue Shield Insurance Cover Your Addiction Treatment
There are a few things that you can do on your own to determine the coverage you’re entitled to:
- Call your member services line, listed on the back of your card. Have your membership number ready, and be sure to write down who you spoke with, and the information they give you
- Ask which levels of care are covered, including inpatient, therapy, medication for withdrawals, partial hospitalization, and aftercare
- Ask which providers are in-network and out-of-network, and use this information to help you make your selection
- Ask what your co-pay, co-insurance, and deductibles are
- Ask what criteria your insurance company uses to determine the medical necessity of each level of treatment
- Ask what your out-of-pocket maximum is
Once you understand what your insurance plan will cover, then you can discuss your covered treatment options with rehabilitation facilities in your area. Since Live Freeaccepts Blue Cros, we’re familiar with many of the most popular policy coverages.
Start Your Journey To Sobriety Today!
Don’t struggle with addiction alone. People stand a greater chance of remaining sober if they have a network of support, including professional counseling and relapse prevention plans. If you’re worried that you may be an addict, we can help. Call the team at Live Free SSI, or visit us online to learn more about our programs.